Buying the best tennis shoes will save you a lot of money further down the line as you won’t have to buy a replacement soon after. However, if you wear your shoes frequently it will be susceptible to quick wear and tear and there is nothing as frustrating as having a weak or loose sole.
In such a situation, applying very durable glue for tennis shoes will serve you well. In this review, we will show you all there is to know about tennis shoe glue repair and how to go about it.
We will also introduce you to some of the best Glue products in the market that you can afford on a low budget.
Types of Glues
There are different types of glue materials for repair shoe. Some of them are:
- Urethane Rubber Glue: Useful for various surfaces, Urethane is multipurpose glue that comes in single and two-part options.
- Super Glue: Also called Cyanoacrylate, Super Glue bonds very quickly and appears crystal clear when dry. You can use super glue to repair soles and to cover holes.
- Neoprene: Is another glue option for tennis shoe soles repair for fastening rips and splits as well as unstitched seams. A waterproof solution for footwear resuscitation.
8 best glue for fixing tennis shoes
If the sole of your tennis shoe is loose you will need to fix it with a very good adhesive. But before you go about it you first need to identify some of the best glue products for tennis shoe soles. In this review, we bring you 10 of the best products sold online.
#1. Professional Grade Cyanoacrylate Super Glue
Professional Grade Cyanoacrylate Glue is a top choice for online buyers because it is a very strong and fast bonding agent for tennis shoe repair and the repair of other hardware and crafts. Compatible with different surface materials, it is an ideal product for tennis shoe lovers who wish to use their tennis shoes for a long time.
The Cyanoacrylate is multipurpose glue for binding different types of materials including shoe fabrics. A fantastic product sold at an economical price. Value for money.
#2. Gorilla Clear Glue
Gorilla clear glue is a great addition to your tennis shoe repair kit because it is such an easy to use binding toxic free solution. The only downside has to do with its price but that’s understandable given the quality.
#3. Shoe Fix – Shoe Glue
Shoe Fix Shoe Glue is a special glue formulated for shoe repair purposes. The strong bonding agent works well for different show materials. Shoe Fix is flexible and dries within seconds after it is applied. Another great advantage is the water-resistant properties it contains. You can apply it on a wet surface without any issues.
Shoe Fix Shoe Glue is a product specially made for shoe repair. Unlike other multipurpose products, Shoe Fix offers a quick fix option for those looking to restore shoe quality.
#4. E6000 237040 Craft Adhesive
The E6000 is very effective for extending the longevity for shoes. The fact that it leaves behind no stains makes it one of the most best glues for tennis shoes.
#5. Barge All Purpose Cement Quartz
The barge is an excellent choice for holding tennis shoe soles in place. A little application can last for months if not years. A cheap choice for the value it offers.
#6. Boot Fix Shoe Glue
If you desire a flexible bond for your tennis shoe soles, Boot Fix may not be what you are looking for. If however, you want a fastening solution for your shoe maintenance, this product is indeed a smart addition to your kit for tennis shoe repair.
#7. Loctite Ultra Gel Control Super Glue
Loctite is not the best glue for fixing tennis shoes on our list neither is it the worst. It takes a long time to hold pieces in place but when it does it can remain so for a very long time. For what it’s worth, it is a good option if you don’t want to spend too much on other expensive options.
#8. Shoe Goo 110212 Adhesive
Shoe Goo is every footwear repairer’s delight. It is easy to use and holds your tennis shoe soles in place for a very long time. Although a great filling material to cover up holes, Shoe Goo is not ideal for leather footwear.
How do I glue and repair my tennis shoes
Now that you have a fair idea regarding the best glue for tennis shoes, let us take you through some quick steps on how to use glue for your show repair.
- Clean the Repair Area: Clean the area you are about to repair with a cloth. If you use a cleaning solution wait a while for it to dry up first before you proceed.
- Preparation: Detach the insoles then stuff your tennis shoes with paper rigidity and glue absorption.
- Apply the Glue to the Sole: To apply your glue, use a brush for larger areas and a tiny pin or toothpick for tiny areas and crevices. Also, endeavor to read the manufacturer’s instructions before application.
- Clamping the Shoe: Wait for a few minutes for the glue to dry up first then place some weight on the shoe to hold the sole in place. Leave in position for 24 hours.
Want to know how to wash tennis shoes without ruining the glue, here is the article!
Repairing your tennis shoes is indeed a great way to add some precious few months or years to its lifespan and to save money that would have been spent on a new replacement. Buying the best glue for tennis shoes is the first step. Applying it just as described above will make your tennis shoes almost as good as new.